Friday, April 23, 2010

What is your inspiration?

Brain One: The proverbial light bulb that goes off in your head as inspiration strikes.

Mine came from the actual changing of light bulbs in my bathroom last night. Realizing that I was out of regular light bulbs, I put in those new energy efficient spiral looking bulbs. Three 60 watt bulbs to be exact. Flipping on the light switch, I found myself blinded in the brilliance of my bathroom (and the realization that I needed to clean). What an inspiration. This in turn made me think deeper on the subject. Not to mention the thought that I might need to wear sun glasses just to take a shower.

Okay, keep in mind that I have had greater moments. Co-workers, Managers, and friends have been an inspiration to me. Without them I would not have aspired to obtain my CPP. However, it was the motivation of the end goal that drove me to study.

Remember, Motivation is different than Inspiration. That bathroom will not clean itself. Every day we set goals for ourselves. At the end of the day, do you fall short of those goals because of lack of motivation? It is a great thing to be inspired, but it is even better when you have the motivation to do something about it.

So, what is your inspiration? And do you have the courage to motivate yourself to achieve your inspirations?

1 comment:

  1. So many different things motivate me. Things like being a good person, working ethicially and with determination, and wanting to be a good role model. I am inspired by the people around me including my mother-in-law (go figure, I actually like her!).

    ReplyDelete